What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a site uses to store information on a user’s device (mobile phone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer). Cookies are sent to your device when you visit a website unless you refuse or withdraw consent. Please note that cookies contain plain text with a string of numbers and letters that act as unique identifiers. They do not contain software programmes and so they cannot harm or damage your device.
Cookies enable our servers to distinguish and record unique site users, and provide us with information about how our site is used (techxpert.co.uk). This allows us to analyse performance and traffic, and offer personalised content, services and products for future visits. For example, cookies can pre-populate fields in our comparison tool to make your visit as easy and effortless as possible.
You can find more information about cookies at www.youronlinechoices.eu and www.allaboutcookies.org. If you would like to know how to refuse or delete cookies, please see the “Deleting or disabling cookies” of this policy.
From time to time we may use and serve cookies, action tags, pixel tags and/or similar technologies.
- To understand how users interact with our website and help us tailor our content, features and functions for the purpose of enhancing user experience.
- To collate unidentifiable aggregated information that we use for the purpose of planning and manning developments to our site and services.
- To analyse and assess the reach and effectiveness of our marketing strategies, including promotional material on third party websites. Cookies and similar technologies allow us to track user interaction (clicks) with advertisements.
- To provide marketing material that is relevant to users when browsing the internet.
We are always looking to improve and enhance our website, services and user experiences. As such, we regularly use and adopt new technologies to help us achieve this. Please read this policy carefully and regularly check this policy page for updates.
We use Google Analytics to monitor how users interact with our site; this includes the use of Advertising Reporting Features and Remarketing. Google Analytics collects anonymised information about how you use the site.
If you have a Google account and you’ve associated your app and web browsing history to it for the purpose of receiving personalised advertising, Google may also collect a Google identifier which will allow it to recognise your Google account when you are using the site.
Stickee Technology Limited
Deleting or disabling cookies
If you would like to disable the acceptance of cookies by your device, you will have to do so by adjusting your browser settings. To find out how to manage cookies in your browser settings, take a look at one of the following guides relevant to your browser:
- Google Chrome: ‘Turn cookies on or off’
- Internet Explorer: ‘Delete and manage cookies’
- Mozilla Firefox: ‘Enable and disable cookies that websites use to track your preferences’
- Apple Safari: ‘Manage cookies and website data in Safari on Mac’
Additionally, you can opt out of Google Analytics, Advertising Reporting and Remarketing data collection by heading to the ‘Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on’ page.
Please be aware that disabling or deleting cookies may cause some parts of our site to lose some functionality or to cease functioning altogether.