Techxpert.co.uk (“TechXpert” or “site”) is owned and provided by Selectra SARL (“we”, “us”, “our”, the “Company” or “SELECTRA”).
We are committed to the protection of your privacy, and as such we take all necessary and precautionary measures to ensure that your personal information is secure, and that we are in compliance with data protection law as set by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
We encourage users to frequently check this policy as it may be subject to alteration.
- About us
- Information we may collect
- How we use this information
- Legal basis for processing information
- Sharing personal information
- How we store and secure your personal information
- Your rights
- How to contact us or make a request
- Other websites/third party content
Our site is owned and provided by Selectra SARL under business registration number 499807147, and with registered offices at the following address:
66 rue Sébastien Mercier
In accordance with the definitions set out in data protection law (Article 4 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation), SELECTRA is the data controller; SELECTRA is responsible for determining the purpose and means of processing the personal data it handles. The data processor is an entity that processes personal data on behalf of the controller, this can be taken to refer to SELECTRA or a third party.
We comply with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of 25 May 2018 and the Legislative Decree No. 101 of 10 August 2018.
If you have any questions about this policy or would like to make a data request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we may collect
We may collect and process information as follows.
Information provided by you
You may provide personal information to us required for the provision of our services, such as:
- Date of birth
- Phone number
Some or all of this information may be provided in the following ways: Through telephone, email or written correspondence; by subscribing to our newsletter; by filling in a form on the site; by requesting a price comparison; by accepting cookies; or if you contact or request customer support.
Information we collect
We may also collect the following additional information:
- Your responses to SELECTRA or third-party marketing campaigns.
- Your communication with us, including but not limited to email and telephone correspondence.
- Information about your visit, including pages visited, content viewed, links and buttons clicked, how you got to the site and how you use the site and services therein.
- Location data relating to your device and the time and date the location data was collected.
- Other identification data, including IP address, browser type and device information collected automatically by your use and availing of the site and the services provided.
- Information from third parties to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Information from third parties
Please be aware that we may receive some of your personal information, including information about visits and use of a service, from other sites and entities provided by SELECTRA. In addition, third parties - such as partners, service providers, analytics providers, search information providers and publicly available websites - may also provide us with some of your personal information.
This information may be used in combination with other information collected in order to help us maintain data accuracy, offer services which we think may be of interest, and enhance our sites and services.
How we use this information
- To compare broadband, mobile and other telecommunication services and pricing as you may request and to provide you with information about these products and services. We may also use your information to provide comparisons of other products or services that we may offer in the future.
- To provide and enhance the site and our service through diagnostics, internal audits, research and development: Personal information is used to administer and operate our websites; to diagnose system problems; to test and improve the features of our service; to develop new content, products and services; and to carry out analysis.
- To carry out customer satisfaction surveys for the purpose of improving our services and to provide information about products or services that we may offer in the future.
- To provide you with a personalised and enhanced experience with our services through:
- tailored content: This processing is required for the purpose of our legitimate business interests as a telecommunications advice and comparison service delivery and presenting relevant content to our users;
- the personalisation and measure of ads: We use personal information such as advertising cookies, email addresses and onsite activity to show users targeted ads. We also use this information to gauge and analyse the reach and effectiveness of these ads, and to help us refine our marketing strategies.
- To perform quality control checks and for the purpose of providing training: In aid of this, we may monitor and record communications with our customers.
- To deliver promotional material, including newsletters, communications and new offers relating to products or services provided or marketed by SELECTRA and/or its sites, companies and third parties. This may be done through email, telephone, text messaging, post, online, push notification or otherwise. This will be done for a reasonable period of time unless instructed otherwise by you or you withdraw your consent from receiving such promotional materials. Please note that marketing emails and SMS messages will include instructions for opting out of our marketing communications.
- To enforce and ensure our compliance with legal and regulatory obligations.
- To protect our interests and that of third parties and to ensure that we keep our services safe and secure: For the purpose of loss prevention and to protect our rights, property, privacy and safety, or those of other persons, we may be required to use and store personal information.
Legal basis for processing information
The legal basis for the processing and handling of your personal information as set out in the previous section is the following:
- For the purpose of executing contracts to which you are party, the Company requires your personal information. This may include making provider, product and services comparisons, evaluations and / or other steps as you request prior to entering a contract.
- You have provided your consent for the use of your personal information so that we can send your offers, advertisements and promotional material relating to products and / or services marketed by SELECTRA and / or its related sites and entities, as well as by third parties in partnership with SELECTRA.
- It is in our legitimate interest to handle your personal information so that we can improve and promote our services, and to increase customer and user satisfaction through its effective and efficient delivery.
- Where there is a legal obligation with which we must comply.
Please be aware that you can withdraw consent that you have provided and / or oppose our handling of your personal data by contacting Selectra SARL at email@example.com. For more information about your rights, please see the “Your rights” section of this policy.
Sharing personal information
The sharing of your personal information undertaken by SELECTRA will be in strict compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for the purposes stated in this policy. Below you can see the entities or third parties that may have access and are responsible for handling your personal information:
- Other entities owned and provided by SELECTRA for the purpose of storing and securing your data. Additionally, these other entities may use your personal information to provide a service should it be requested by you.
- Third parties that help us operate our services, including data providers, hosting services, marketing and advertising service providers, technical services, Customer Relationship Management software solutions and market research companies.
- Entities and companies with whom SELECTRA is partnered. This includes subsidiaries, affiliates, holding companies and brands who act on behalf of SELECTRA and use your personal information as set out in this policy.
- If SELECTRA sells or buys any business or assets, enters a joint venture or merges with another business entity, your personal information may be disclosed, shared and / or transferred to the new entity and its business partners, owners or their agents and advisors.
- Any agency or third party for the purpose of complying with the applicable law or regulation, to exercise and defend our legal rights, and to protect your vital interests or those of any other person. This includes government agencies, legal courts, regulatory bodies and professional advice agencies.
- Upon your request, we may share your personal information with another entity or third party.
We will not sell, distribute or give up your personal information unless we are obligated to do so to comply with the law or we have your consent to do so.
How we store and secure your personal information
SELECTRA is based in France and provides services through subsidiaries and in conjunction with business partners in the United Kingdom. As such, when SELECTRA collects, handles, shares and stores your personal information as set out in this policy, it can be done in any country within the European Economic Area (EEA).
We take the security and protection of stored personal information very seriously as an area of vital importance to our users and customers. We use strict procedures and security measures to ensure that your personal information is protected and securely stored, and to prevent unauthorised, accidental or unlawful access, destruction, disclosure, loss, alteration and damage. We ensure that our security solutions are in line with current best practices, this includes our secure protocol (https://), compartmentalization, pseudonymization, and encryption and firewall technology.
We do our best to ensure that your personal information is protected and secure. However, there are many outside variables beyond the scope of our control that may affect the security of your personal information. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the complete security of any information disclosed and transmitted over the internet. The provision and transmission of your personal information are done at your own risk; Selectra will accept no liability for any direct, consequential, incidental, indirect, or punitive losses or damages arising out of such an occurrence.
Your personal information is kept for as long as it is needed for the purpose for which it is handled. Data retention periods vary depending on the type of information and your interaction with SELECTRA. You have the right, at any time, to withdraw consent you have provided and / or oppose our handling of your personal data by contacting Selectra SARL at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon the fulfilment of either of the following conditions, SELECTRA will cease to have access to your personal information and will, therefore, no longer be responsible for it:
- The relevant data retention period for personal information has expired.
- You withdraw consent provided for the processing of your personal information.
- You request the erasure of your personal information.
As set out by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you can exercise the following rights as regards your personal information:
- You have the right to access:
- your personal information and the purpose for which it is used;
- the recipients to whom your personal information is disclosed;
- the retention period for which your personal information will be stored;
- a copy of your personal information.
- You have the right to rectify any inaccurate personal information.
- You have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal information where retention is no longer necessary, you withdraw consent provided, or you object to the processing of your personal information and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for processing.
- You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information where one of the following conditions apply:
- the accuracy of your personal information is being verified as a result of contestation;
- the processing of your personal information is illicit and you object to its erasure;
- when the retention of your personal information is no longer necessary by SELECTRA but it is required for the purpose of a complaint or claim;
- you have objected to the processing of your personal information and verification of legitimate interest is undertaken to override such an objection.
Please be aware that the list of rights outlined above is not exhaustive. Any request made with regards to the above will be handled by SELECTRA and will be done so in accordance with the law. There may be legal grounds upon which your request may not be acceded to.
How to contact us or make a request
By email: email@example.com
By post: You can also write to Selectra SARL, 66 rue Sébastien Mercier, Paris 75015, France.
In your correspondence, please include your full name and detail the question or request you would like to make with regards to the right(s) you are exercising. If you are making a request, you must include a copy on an ID document (passport or driving license).
Please note that if you believe that there has been a violation of privacy law, relating to the collection and handling of your personal information, you can also make a claim to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Contact details for the ICO can be found by clicking on the following link https://ico.org.uk.
If you would like to find out more about your rights, you can get more information by contacting SELECTRA through the above channels or by reaching out the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Other websites/third party content
Third-party content on this site is established in order to facilitate access to the content and services proposed by these third-parties, and does not constitute a recommendation or validation made by SELECTRA. Please ensure that you check the privacy policies of any third-party website before disclosing and providing your personal information.
Third-party comparison tools